Fancy a trip to London with the kids in the holidays?
Using all the recommendations we could collect from mums on Mum to Mum MK, here’s our guide for getting there, and some of the best things to do once you’re there…
Travelling to London by Train
We have great rail links to London; here are some parking options:
From MK Central*:
- Park for 50p per hour after 8:30 in the purple bays near Argos and Toys R Us
- To be closer to the station, Elder Gate car park (formerly Buszy) – £7.50 for the day
- Try the Park On My Drive website for driveways near the station you could hire for the day
Other stations with different parking charges*:
- Bletchley – £5 all day
- Stanmore tube station, off the M1 – £5.30 all day in the week, cheaper at weekends
- Brent Cross shopping centre and walk to tube station – free all day
*of course, all of these charges are subject to change – please do check before you set off that they are correct.
These days out in London have all been recommended by our mums:
Fun for Kids
- Coram’s Fields playground and park – short walk from Euston, great for all ages
- Hamleys toy shop
- Shrek’s Adventure
- Kidzania London – an indoor city controlled by children
- Kids’ tickets to West End shows are also being promoted free throughout August 2017: http://www.kidsweek.co.uk/
- Museum of London in Docklands
Or, take the tube to South Kensington, then walk through station (about 0.25 mile), to find:
- Olympic Park – play areas and climb up the Orbiter
- Walk / boat trip along the Thames
- London Eye
- Buckingham Palace
- The Shard
- Madame Tussaud’s
- Tower of London and Tower Bridge
There are some good apps to download to help you get around London on the Tube – London Underground Pro is one of our favourites, as you can enter your start and end points, and you’ll get all the options and station info for your route. You can also use the Transport for London website.
Check out the Visit London website too, which has stacks of useful information and destination ideas as well. Happy touristing from all of us at Mum to Mum MK!