Rookery Open Farm, Stoke Bruerne
Rookery Open Farm is always recommended @ Mum to Mum MK for both indoor and outdoor play.
Target Age: great for toddlers and younger children – over 8s may be less entertained
Rookery is a working farm, and a lovely introduction to farm animals for little children. It’s a small site, but there are lots of different animals to see, a number of which you can stroke and feed if you want to. The soft play areas cater for two different age groups, which keeps little ones safer, and there is a good outdoor play area, including old farm tractors and machines to climb about on.
How long did it take?
If you plan to spend a good chunk of time in the soft play area, you can probably stretch this to a full day out. However, the farm is not large and we got round all the animals (inside and out) in about an hour. You can then spend as long as you like in the outdoor play area.
* Feeding the little goats with hay in the stable;
* Stroking the rabbits;
* Visiting the donkeys;
* Seeing the turkey;
* Playing in the soft play area when it rained over lunch.
Food and Facilities
There are a good number of chairs and tables in the soft play area, next to the entrance point where you can also buy tea, coffee and light snacks. We took a picnic, which you can enjoy indoors or outdoors in the large picnic place by the play area. There is some shade on hotter days. There are a couple of toilets and baby changing area at the entrance.
Cost for 2017:
* Adults: £6.50 * Children: £6.00
* Senior citizens: £6.00 * Family Day Pass: £34.00 (2 adults & 4 children)
* Children under 2 can enter free.
* Take cash or a chequebook with you – they don’t accept card payments.
Rookery is a lovely farm, and my kids always enjoy themselves there. It’s not expensive, and you can make it as long or as short as you like in the indoor and outdoor play areas. It’s an ideal day-filler during the holidays.
* We last visited in summer 2016 and paid full price for entry. We have not been asked to provide this review. Reviewed by Rebecca Chamberlain